The furry/kemono genre we see today has taken shape in the form of illustrations, fursuits, music, and merchandise. It’s needless to say that our passion comes from the admiration and respect we have for the animals we take inspiration from. As Japan’s first large scale furry/kemono convention, we want to send a positive message out to the rest of the community in order to continue the growth of our furry/kemono culture.
Hence, we happily announce that we at JMoF 2018 will conduct a charity event during JMoF for Toyohashi Zoo & Botanical Park (also known as Nonhoi Park). We hope to establish a connection between the furry/kemono fans and our host, Toyohashi City, by showing our gratitude to their endeavors to host, preserve, and educate the public about animals and plants. All money earned from the raffle tickets, and 5% of all registration fees will be donated to the charity. We are proud that this shared circle of friendships continues to expand with your support!
About Toyohashi Zoo & Botanical Park
Toyohashi Zoo & Botanical Park is a prominent multi-complex facility located within Toyohashi City. It consists of four sections: a zoo, a botanical garden, an amusement park, and a natural museum. Currently Toyohashi Zoo rears lions, polar bears, penguins, chimpanzees, and other animals. On April 2017, the zoo became a hot topic in Japan with its addition of servals, made popular from the hit anime “Kemono Friends”.
On August 13th, 2017, at the age of 5 years, 11 months, one member of the Toyohashi Zoo family, Mala the Asian elephant, passed away. Mala was an elephant to have broken legs recovered using Japan’s first elephant-sized rehabilitation pool when it was discovered she broke 2 of them in January 2013. Being able to show our feelings of gratitude through this charity raffle, even just a little bit, to Mala and the staff who poured their hearts and souls into the caretaking of her would make us extremely happy.
About the Raffle
This raffle is one way to collect money for the charity. Using the tickets given by donating, we’ll hold a drawing for each of the prizes we have offered. For every 100 JPY donated, one ticket will be received. Please come out and show your support for the Toyohashi Zoo!
About Purchasing a Ticket
Where: JMoF Official Store, 1F Holiday Hall Lobby
- ・Day 2 – January 6th (Sat.), 2018, 13:00 – 18:00
- ・Day 3 – 7th (Sun.) 10:00 – 12:00
Price for Donation: 100 JPY (no limit for ticket purchases)
About Announcement of the Raffle Winner
- Where: JMoF Official Store, 1F Holiday Hall Lobby
- When: Day 3 – January 7th (Sun.), 2018, 12:30 – 13:30
Here are our wonderful raffle prizes:
Plushy Dog by Chicken thighs
T-shirt by Hatsu
Fursuit Head by Oshige
Hoodie and Towel by wolf’s works
ThaiTails Lanyard, Flash Drive and T-shirt by ThaiTails
Gazelle goods by LaughBEE
Note: Excluding Nintendo Switch™.
Display by Moeta Inumimi
Fursuit Head by DragonX2
“The Child Called Satan” Acrylic Key Holders by HTN
・Drawing by Akira Himekawa
・T-shirt by Infurnity
How it Works
- 1. Donate any amount at the official store. You will receive a ticket for each 100 JPY donated.
- 2. Tear your ticket in half. Keep one half of the ticket and put the other into the box of the prize you want to win. Your chances of winning increase the more tickets you put in.
- 3. You win if your ticket is pulled at the drawing! For how to know whether you have won or lost, please read above. Whether you win or lose, remember that all your donations will go to help the preservation of and the education on animals.