The following is translated from the original Japanese document. The original document may supersede any part the translation below, and may be invoked at any time.
Japan Meeting of Furries (or JMoF) have established rules of conduct to ensure that everyone enjoys the event.
Please read and understand the following rules carefully prior to attending the event. For those with fursuits please look at the fursuit guidelines.
– Please display a valid, registered JMoF con-badge where it can be read at all times (with or without fursuit).
– Please keep your personal belongings with you at all times. JMoF will not be responsible for any lost or stolen items.
– If you see an unattended package or bag in the convention, report it to the staff immediately.
– In the unlikely case of an emergency, please follow the hotel staff’s instructions.
– Attendees may not dress in any clothing, costumes or fursuits that are overly revealing or inappropriate for the atmosphere of the convention.
– “Policies For Fursuiters” applies to every case of changing clothing and costume. For detail, see “Policies For Fursuiters.”
– Please do not invite visitors into your room
– Visitors may not use your hotel room for changing.
– Remember there are other guests not attending JMoF staying at the hotel. Please keep noises to a minimum at night
– You may not under any condition film or record the Headless Lounge or prohibited displays. You also may not film the Talk Show or the Dealer’s Room, but if you are the panelist or dealer of these, you are allowed to film yourself in these two places as long as it doesn’t bother others around you or infringe on their rights.
– Expect the photos taken by the JMoF photography staff (including the photo booth) to be released publicly as promotional pictures or other materials.
– Even JMoF staff and who is after getting permission from the staff to film the Talk Show/Dealer’s Room, they must still ask permission of whoever you are filming before filming them.
– Authorized journalist and media photographers may possibly use photograph/video footage for media publication.
– JMoF is not responsible for any trouble this may cause.
– Any model weapons (model guns, swords etc.)
Model weapons that cannot be used to cause injury may be brought into the photo booth and used in performances. When bringing these into the convention please keep wrapped and close to your person at all times. It will be up to the attendee to keep an eye on it.
– Pet/companion animals (with the exception of service animals for any disabled staff or attendees.)
– Food (Drinks are ok)
– Photography is prohibited in the Itoyokado.
– Will be canceled if it rains.
– If you run into any trouble please ask a staff member or volunteer.
– Don’t use hotel room furnishings outside their intended purposes.
– In addition to the above rules, please abide by all rules and regulations decreed by the prefecture, the city, and the hotel.
– JMoF attendees must abide by instructions given by the JMoF staff. Failure to do so will result in being removed from the premises.
Thank you all for your courtesy and understanding.
– Be sure to get plenty of rest and drink lots of fluids so you’re in tip-top shape while attending the convention. Please use the Headless Lounge at your leisure for taking a break as well.
– If you start to feel unwell while suiting, please unsuit as quickly as possible until you start to feel better again.
– If you intend to go outside of the hotel, please be accompanied by a handler at all times.
– Supersponsors may exclusively use the changing facility for Supersponsors located inside the convention area.
– For non-Supersponsors, there is no changing facility located inside the convention area. Please refer to the instructions below to find out where you are able to change.
– Please change in your hotel room. Elevators in the hotel are available for quick access between the convention and hotel rooms.
– After checkout, please find a suitable place to change into and out of your costume, such as your car parked in the parking lot, etc.
– Changing in your car parked at the nearby parking lot is a possibility. Please be aware of your surroundings when doing so.
– There may be snow on the days of the convention, so if you use your car in the parking lot as a changing location, please be careful.
– Parking your car in the hotel’s connected parking lot and going through the first and second floors of the hotel are both permitted.
– The Headless Lounge is a place for participating fursuiters and their handler(s). Fursuiters may remove the head of their fursuit in order to cool off. Please use this room to take a small break and relax.
– Please also keep in mind that you may not use the Headless Lounge to change into or out of your costume.
Distriboter Name: JMoF実行委員会 (JMoF Executive Committee)
Store Name: JMoF
Homepage URL: http://j-mof.org/
Inquiries URL: http://j-mof.org/en/policies/contact/
Registration Deadline: November 30th, 2016, 23:59:59 (UTC+9/JST)
When paying for registration, only credit cards will be accepted.
After entering all necessary information and submitting the payment form, a confirmation e-mail will be sent to you once payment has been processed and received.
Note: Our payment processing is provided by Stripe Inc. It is encrypted through the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology during your online transactions. Your credit card information is stored on Stripe’s secure server. Therefore, your sensitive information WILL NOT be known to a third person.
Note: Registration will be cancelled if payment is not received within one week after submitting the form.
If there is a printing error or typo on your convention badge, please bring it to the reception desk on the day of the convention so that we may replace it.
For cancellation of your registration, or for any edits or additions to an existing registration, please send us a message through the Contact Us page.
If you cancel your registration, we will refund you by credit card through the payment processing, which is provided by Stripe Inc., according to the date that you cancelled. Please refer to the table below for the amount refundable.
If you cancel your registration, we will refund you a percentage based on the date that you cancelled, minus any transaction fees. The refund will be handled by the Stripe Online Payment service.
– Cancellations made by November 30th, 2016: 100% Refundable
– Cancellations made from December 1st through 31st, 2016: 60% Refundable
– Cancellations made after January 1st, 2017: No Refund
For more information on the JSCTA, please send us a message through the Contact Us page.
The JMoF executive committee (hereafter: “we,” “us”) will treat your personal information with the utmost care and security.
We will use your personal information for the following:
– For Japanese residents only, sending necessary documents/items (official con badge, etc.)
– Responding to questions or concerns sent through the Contact Us page
– If we need to use your information in any other way, we will contact you in advance and ask for your permission. In those cases, we will only use your information within the scope of what was agreed to by both parties.
We will not give away any of your personal information to a third party unless with explicit permission by you beforehand, or in cases where required by law.
For questions or concerns regarding usage of your given personal information, please send us a message through the Contact Us page.
The registration site utilizes an SSL-encrypted connection.