Rules Of Conduct
The following is translated from the original Japanese document. The original document may supersede any part the translation below, and may be invoked at any time.
Japan Meeting of Furries (or JMoF) have established rules of conduct to ensure that everyone enjoys the convention.
Please read and understand the following rules carefully prior to attending the event.
General Rules of Hotel
- ・Please display a valid, registered JMoF con-badge where it can be read at all times (with or without fursuit).
- ・“Policies for Clothing and Changing” applies to every case of changing into or out of any clothes/costume. For details, please see “Policies for Clothing and Changing” page.
- ・Don’t use any hotel room furnishings outside of their intended purposes.
- ・In the unlikely case of an emergency, please follow the hotel staff’s instructions.
- ・JMoF attendees must abide by all instructions given by the JMoF staff. Failure to do so will result in being removed from the premises.
- ・In addition to the above rules, please abide by all rules and regulations set forth by the prefecture, the city, and the hotel.
Parties and Gathering
- ・Please do not invite visitors into your room.
- ・Visitors may not use your hotel room for changing.
- ・Remember that there are other guests not attending JMoF staying at the hotel. Please keep noise to a minimum at night.
- ・Harassment is not tolerated by any means, including physical, verbal or sexual.
- ・Wearing a fursuit is not immediate consent to anything. Ask if it is alright before taking a photo or interacting with the fursuiter, such as hugging them.
- ・Remember that no means no. You must stop the behavior when people say so.
- ・Any model weapons (model guns, swords, explosive substances, etc.) Model weapons that cannot be used to cause injury may be brought into the photo booth and used in performances. When bringing these into the convention, please keep them wrapped and close to your person at all times. It will be up to the attendee to keep an eye on them.
- ・Pet/companion animals (with the exception of service animals for any disabled staff or attendees)
- ・Food (Drinks are ok)
- ・Please keep your personal belongings with you at all times. JMoF will not be responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- ・If you see an unattended package or bag in the convention space, report it to staff immediately.
Use of JMoF Images or Footage
- ・You may not under any condition film or record the Headless Lounge or prohibited displays. You also may not film the Talk Show or the Dealer’s Room, but if you are a panelist or deale, you are allowed to film yourself in these two places as long as it doesn’t bother others around you or infringe on their rights.
- ・JMoF is not responsible for any trouble that may arise from.
- ・Even JMoF staff or those who got permission to film the Talk Show/Dealer’s Room must still ask permission of whoever is going to be filmed before filming begins.
- ・Expect the photos taken by the JMoF photography staff (including the photo booth) to be released publicly as promotional pictures or other materials.
Authorized journalists and media photographers may possibly use photograph/video footage for media publication on TV, newspapers, etc.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.